Achieve a beautiful smile with Periodontics Treatment in Dubai
Gum diseases medically know as periodontics disease is an infection of the gums resulting in the destruction of the tissues that support your teeth. The starting stage of gum disease is known as Gingivitis. Gingivitis can lead to periodontitis if left it is left untreated. A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of all forms of periodontal disease, including gingivitis, periodontal (gum) disease, and periodontitis. Periodontist sare also experts in the placement of implants and regenerating lost gum and bone around the teeth.
If your toes bend while you walk you would find that not normal and be concerned. Similarly, bleeding gums are not normal. They can be one of the early signs that your gums are infected and need medical assistance. If gum bleeding or swollen gums are left untreated, there is a possibility of the infection spreading. It can not only tamper the structure of your teeth but also destroy the support between your jawbone and teeth. Eventually, your teeth will become loose and shaky. In this case seek medical help by visiting a gum clinic in Dubai.
Signs and Symptoms of Periodontal (Gum) Diseases.
- Red, swollen, or tender gingiva
- Bleeding gingiva while brushing or flossing
- Loose or separating teeth
- Pain or pressure when chewing
- Pus around the teeth or gingiva
- New spaces developing between your teeth
- Bad breath
- Bright red, dusky red or purplish gums
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- Risk Factors for Periodontal Disease
- Inadequate nutrition, including vitamin C deficiency
- Poor oral health habits
- Older age
- Chewing tobacco
Guaranteed Periodontal Disease Treatment in Motor City, Dubai.
Park Avenue Dental Clinic stands as the leading dental and oral healthcare clinic in Dubai, UAE. We house a team of world-class periodontics surgeons who are specialists in curing and treating periodontics/ gum diseases. No matter what the extent or stage of your gum problem, our expert periodontist’s will devise a treatment plan that is best suited according to your situation. Gum infections and diseases can be treated in many ways, both surgically and non-surgically. At Park Avenue Dental Clinic, we strive to restore smile therefore, our goal while dealing with periodontics patients is to minutely clean the pockets around the teeth and gums while preventing damage to the surrounding bone.
Below is the list of our periodontics treatment offerings at Park Avenue Dental Clinic.
Nonsurgical treatments for Periodontics
- Scaling - Scaling is also known as ‘deep cleaning’. With the help of instruments such as a laser or an ultrasonic device, tartar and bacteria accumulated from the tooth surfaces and beneath your gums are removed.
- Root planing - Root planing helps to smooth the root surface of your teeth this help to avoid tartar and bacteria buildup. This procedure helps the gum tissues attach more firmly.
- Clinical crown lengthening - In order to elongate the tooth at the base so as to expose additional tooth surface this procedure is done. Crown lengthening procedures help improve and enhance one's smile.
- Antibiotics and medication - As the number one cause of periodontics diseases is bacteria, the oral antibiotic tablet can be a resort to treat periodontics. It may be in the form of a gel, mouthwash, ointment or a tablet.
Surgical Treatments for Periodontics
- Flap surgery (pocket reduction surgery) - In order to conduct a more effective scaling and root planing treatment option, a periodontist makes small incisions in your gum so that a section of the gum tissue can be lifted back. On healing, it’s easier to clean this section.
- Soft tissue grafts - When you lose gum tissue, your gum line reduces. The loose or damaged tissue is restored by using a technique called soft tissue grafting. This is done by removing a small amount of tissue from your palate and replacing it with the affected area.
- Bone grafting - Similar to soft tissue grafts bone is grafted if the entire bone surrounding your teeth is destroyed. The graft may be composed of small fragments of your own bone, or the bone may be synthetic or donated.
- Tissue regeneration - This procedure helps your natural bone to grow back again in other words to regenerate. This is done by placing a special piece of biocompatible fabric between existing bone and your tooth.
- Tissue-stimulating proteins - This is a special medicated gel used by a This gel contains proteins that help stimulate the growth of tooth tissues and bones.