Improve your smile with Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery In Dubai, UAE
Oral Maxillofacial surgery is unique in requiring a dual qualification in medicine and dentistry, and is often seen as the bridge between medicine and dentistry, treating conditions that require expertise from both backgrounds such as head and neck cancers, salivary gland diseases, facial disproportion, facial pain, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, impacted teeth, cysts and tumors of the jaws as well as numerous problems affecting the oral mucosa such as mouth ulcers and infections. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons focus on treating problems related to the hard and soft tissues of the face, mouth, and jaws (the upper jaw is referred to as the maxilla).
At Park Avenue Dental Clinic, our team of highly skilled oral surgeons provides a range of oral surgery services. Our board-certified maxillofacial specialists specialize in diagnosing and treating these health concerns and are here to help you avoid any issues from worsening. You can count on our team to treat you with the best in class medical assistance and technologies. Our team of maxillofacial dentist offers various oral and maxillofacial surgery services ranging from, bone grafts, implant placements, treatments for diseases and injuries to improvement in the teeth, mouth, bones, facial structures, and jaw surgery.
Our World-Class Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Services
- Dental extractions - The most common procedure that oral surgeons perform are tooth extractions. At Park Avenue dental clinic, patients are often referred to these specialists when wisdom teeth are impacted—that is, forming in a position where they can’t erupt or grow into the bite properly. Minor surgery is usually required to remove impacted wisdom teeth and is generally recommended even if the impacted teeth aren’t (yet) producing any symptoms.
- Orthognathic surgery - Another common area of focus in the field involves corrective jaw and is sometimes needed when orthodontics is not enough to correct a misaligned bite. In other cases, surgical treatment is necessary to repair congenital abnormalities (birth defects) or to treat severe orthodontic conditions, skeletal problems, and other disorders. In this procedure, usually performed under general anesthesia, the bones of the face and jaw may be reshaped and repositioned, and the jaws and teeth realigned.
- Reconstructive surgery – Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons are involved in reconstructive surgery which may be necessary after traumatic dental injury or facial trauma, which can result from an auto accident, a workplace injury, and many other causes. This surgery is also sometimes needed following the removal of a tumor or another operation. At Park Avenue dental clinic our oral and maxillofacial surgeons specialize in repairing and reconstructing facial structures and are adept at working with both hard and soft tissues.
- Cleft lip /palate surgery - OMF surgeons also deal with cleft lip or palate surgery is a special type of surgery often performed by oral and maxillofacial surgeons to correct the changes in facial structure caused by this birth defect.
- Cosmetic and Restorative Surgery - Specialists in this field can also set a solid foundation for cosmetic and restorative dental work, including the placement of dental implants, the system of tooth replacement preferred by many patients. Depending on the condition of the jaw our specialists may prescribe bone grafting procedures for proper placement of the implants in the jaw. When dentures are the chosen tooth replacement method, our oral surgeons help smooth and reshape jaw bone as needed, to ensure a comfortable fit in the mouth.
- Tori Removal surgery - A tori is an excess bone growth in the arch of your mouth that develops due to irritation, teeth grinding, or malocclusion (improper tooth alignment). With the help of oral surgery, we can remove the tori and reshape the area to alleviate that discomfort.